CORONA VIRUS / COVID 19 SANITY TIPS:
1. RESEARCH: Make decisions based on knowledge, not FEAR. Don’t read, believe and repeat everything you see in the newspaper or on social media! Theres a chance its sensationalised, or simply not true by omission. For local, start with your own State Government.
https://www.wa.gov.au/government/coronavirus-covid-19 , it is updated daily. For international News: try World Health Organisation. The Crux of all information is, WASH YOUR HANDS regularly, and STAY HOME if you’re unwell.
2. DONT PANIC: Panic causes stress, stress is THE worst thing for your health and well being. Your panic and stress also spread to your children like a virus. Lets not accidentally create a generation of stressed out, phobic children. Stay calm, have honest, factual conversations with your children, after researching what’s real and what’s not. Be wary of the anxiety that stories in the social media world may cause yourself or your children. Its THE most publicised virus, more so than SARS, Swine Flu, Mad Cows disease… so find out what your kids are thinking, hear what they believe, then put your family at ease by researching facts from relevant evidence-based sites.
3. HAVE A CARE: Panic buying by people who can afford it, not only creates more anxiety but is also making it harder for those who live week to week, to exist. Those people have families, babies, and people to look after, too. Please, let’s not make it tougher for those who are already struggling. Be sensible with your purchasing, and avoid purchasing from people who are out to capitalise on this situation, to the detriment of others.
4. EAT FRESH WHOLE FOODS: Its important to fuel your body, with fresh nourishing foods to help stave off this seasons winter colds and flu, and improve immunity, and even more so with the Corona Virus risk. So ditch the junk, and the sugar, save the packaged processed food for an emergency, wash your fruit and veg, and eat fresh. Healthy mind + healthy body = improved immunity.
5. EXERCISE: Get fitter and combat stress at the same time – get out of your own head, and go to the gym, walk, ride, be active. You don’t know how long this will last, and only people who are unwell or who have travelled overseas in the past 14 days, need to stay home. (refer to “DO YOUR RESEARCH”).
Did you know??? (Try it on the home tramp, or jump on in). Rebounding enhances immunity to ward off infections and prevent diseases by improving the Lymphatic system. While you’re researching it, check out other ways to sustain and protect your health and immunity.
1. Brooks, Linda: Rebounding and Your Immune System. Urbana, OH: Vitally Yours Press, 29; 33-46, 2000
2. Scrivens, Dave: Certified Lymphologist, Well Being Journal, Vol. 17, No. 3. Rebounding: Good for the Lymph System
3) Dhabhar, F.S. Enhancing versus Suppressive Effects of Stress on Immune Function: Implications for Immunoprotection versus Immunopathology. All Asth Clin Immun 4, 2 (2008).
Whatever you do, stay safe, be healthy, and practice impeccable hygiene, just as we do. School holidays will soon be here, and if Gravity Etc can survive this crazy storm, we’ll let you know what our timetable plan is, but for now, my own plan is to do everything in our power to ensure our commitment to continued hygiene for your health and well being, so that you feel safe and continue to visit, so we can be here for you and your families when the chaos is over.
The bright side? this will likely change hygiene perception forever – not a bad thing. Imagine never having to nag your kids to wash their hands again!