Corona Virus is THE topic that gets the most discussion, gossip, and innuendo - with the least amount of factual information. Most of us have made vague assumptions about random potentially associated topics ... are there fewer people on the roads? ... is there more unwell people? ... what happens if ?... what do I do if?... me included. I have a family, and 42 staff, so just like for you, it IS important. It is on everyone's' lips and minds, and it has created a social anxiety storm like no other... chaos!
We're all in this together
Rest assured, Gravity Etc have always had a rigorous cleaning policy and procedures in place.
There has always been gastro's, colds, flu's, chickenpox, tonsillitis, bronchitis ... the list goes on ... and while unwell people are unlikely to visit us, we do have guests from all demographics, and all ages, including guests more susceptible to health risk due to lower immunity such as over 60's, Camp Quality guests, Special Needs guests, guests recovering from Cancer treatments, Mums with newborn babies, you name it, such is our wonderfully diverse guest list - so its always been INCREDIBLY important for Gravity Etc to maintain a clean and hygienic environment for the sake of all our awesome guests, and now is no different.
Sanitising surfaces, and bathrooms for bugs and germs, hourly - and a full centre clean and sanitisation at the end of each day, has always been part of our business life. As a quality Tourism and Australian Trampoline Parks Association business, our standard procedures also include recorded accountability via automated forms for employee check off each and every day, for both hygiene and maintenance.
But now? Now we have stepped it up a level:
- We ask each guest to use hand wipes at check-in - don't be offended - its to remove any germs from products, produce, money, screens, etc etc you have been in touch with outside of our Centre - for the sake of all our guests and staff.
- We ask that you book online or pay with EFTPOS when possible.
- While jumping on a trampoline isn't something an unwell person is likely to do, we do remind guests, staff, and athletes to stay home if they are unwell.
- We ask that those who have travelled internationally in the past 2 weeks, do not visit us until their 2 weeks quarantine period is over.
- We have reduced our general jump hourly capacity to 60 until further notice (please book online to avoid disappointment).
- We audit Hygiene daily: Combined staff effort is just over 30 mins for sanitisation of their areas, each and every hour, plus Trampoline bed and mat sanitising at the end of the day. Each area clean is signed off by the staff member, then the Centre Supervisor, and backed up with CCTV audits to ensure it's completed effectively.
- Stay tuned on our Facebook Page: Our hours may change as a result of a change in consumer habits, or as a result of government regulation. We'll stay up to date, and we'll update you too, but meanwhile, it is business as usual, with an even more determined focus on hygiene, and a reduced capacity.
Our promise to you: As always, we will have a sanitised, hygienic Centre for you to visit, and your best interests at heart.
In the best interests of public health and safety - we ask you to: wipe your hands on entry with the hand wipes provided, do not visit us if you are unwell, book on-line or pay via EFTPOS and avoid cash where possible. If you have returned from travel overseas 2 weeks prior - stay home.
CORONA VIRUS / COVID 19 SANITY TIPS:
1. RESEARCH: Make decisions based on knowledge, not FEAR. Don't read, believe and repeat everything you see in the newspaper or on social media! Theres a chance its sensationalised, or simply not true by omission. For local, start with your own State Government.
https://www.wa.gov.au/government/coronavirus-covid-19 , it is updated daily. For international News: try World Health Organisation. The Crux of all information is, WASH YOUR HANDS regularly, and STAY HOME if you're unwell.
2. DONT PANIC: Panic causes stress, stress is THE worst thing for your health and well being. Your panic and stress also spread to your children like a virus. Lets not accidentally create a generation of stressed out, phobic children. Stay calm, have honest, factual conversations with your children, after researching what's real and what's not. Be wary of the anxiety that stories in the social media world may cause yourself or your children. Its THE most publicised virus, more so than SARS, Swine Flu, Mad Cows disease... so find out what your kids are thinking, hear what they believe, then put your family at ease by researching facts from relevant evidence-based sites.
3. HAVE A CARE: Panic buying by people who can afford it, not only creates more anxiety but is also making it harder for those who live week to week, to exist. Those people have families, babies, and people to look after, too. Please, let's not make it tougher for those who are already struggling. Be sensible with your purchasing, and avoid purchasing from people who are out to capitalise on this situation, to the detriment of others.
4. EAT FRESH WHOLE FOODS: Its important to fuel your body, with fresh nourishing foods to help stave off this seasons winter colds and flu, and improve immunity, and even more so with the Corona Virus risk. So ditch the junk, and the sugar, save the packaged processed food for an emergency, wash your fruit and veg, and eat fresh. Healthy mind + healthy body = improved immunity.
5. EXERCISE: Get fitter and combat stress at the same time - get out of your own head, and go to the gym, walk, ride, be active. You don't know how long this will last, and only people who are unwell or who have travelled overseas in the past 14 days, need to stay home. (refer to "DO YOUR RESEARCH").
Did you know??? (Try it on the home tramp, or jump on in). Rebounding enhances immunity to ward off infections and prevent diseases by improving the Lymphatic system. While you're researching it, check out other ways to sustain and protect your health and immunity.
1. Brooks, Linda: Rebounding and Your Immune System. Urbana, OH: Vitally Yours Press, 29; 33-46, 2000
2. Scrivens, Dave: Certified Lymphologist, Well Being Journal, Vol. 17, No. 3. Rebounding: Good for the Lymph System
3) Dhabhar, F.S. Enhancing versus Suppressive Effects of Stress on Immune Function: Implications for Immunoprotection versus Immunopathology. All Asth Clin Immun 4, 2 (2008).
Whatever you do, stay safe, be healthy, and practice impeccable hygiene, just as we do. School holidays will soon be here, and if Gravity Etc can survive this crazy storm, we'll let you know what our timetable plan is, but for now, my own plan is to do everything in our power to ensure our commitment to continued hygiene for your health and well being, so that you feel safe and continue to visit, so we can be here for you and your families when the chaos is over.
The bright side? this will likely change hygiene perception forever - not a bad thing. Imagine never having to nag your kids to wash their hands again!