Hygiene at Gravity ETC
Corona Virus!! is THE topic that gets the most discussion, gossip, and innuendo – with the least amount of factual information research. Most of us have made vague assumptions about random potentially associated topics … are there fewer people on the roads? … is there more unwell people? … what happens if ?… what do I do if?… me included. I have a family, 42 staff, elderly and low immunity friends – so just like for you, it IS important for us too. It is on everyone’s’ lips and minds, and it has created a social anxiety storm like no other… and we all have a responsibility. We’re all in this together!
Rest assured, Gravity Etc have always had a rigorous cleaning policy and procedures in place. And now? its very likely Gravity Etc is more hygienic than a shopping centre, a playground, a supermarket, a playgroup, a sports ground, or the average workplace. HOW?
There has always been gastro’s, colds, flu’s, chickenpox, tonsillitis, bronchitis … the list goes on … and while unwell people are unlikely to visit us, we do have guests from all demographics, and all ages, including guests more susceptible to health risk due to lower immunity such as over 60’s, Camp Quality guests, Special Needs guests, guests recovering from Cancer treatments, Mums with newborn babies, you name it, such is our wonderfully diverse guest list – so its always been INCREDIBLY important for Gravity Etc to maintain a clean and hygienic environment for the sake of all our awesome guests, and now is no different.
Sanitising surfaces, and bathrooms for bugs and germs, hourly – and a full centre clean and sanitisation at the end of each day, has always been part of our business life. As a quality Tourism Australia certified, Australian Trampoline Parks Association certified, and Gymnastics Australia affiliated business, our standard procedures also include recorded accountability via automated forms for employee check off each and every day, for both hygiene and maintenance.
BUT NOW? Now we have stepped it up a level:
- We ask each guest to use hand wipes at check-in – don’t be offended – its to remove any germs from products, produce, money, screens, etc etc you have been in touch with outside of our Centre – for the sake of all our guests and staff.
- We ask that you book online or pay with EFTPOS to avoid cash handling when possible.
- While jumping on a trampoline isn’t something an unwell person is likely to do, we remind guests, staff, and athletes to stay home if they are unwell.
- We have significantly reduced our maximum building capacity, and subsequently floor capacity, in line with current public health recommendations – until further notice – so please, book on-line to avoid disappointment. If you just rock up, you may miss out.
- We ask that those who have travelled internationally in the past 2 weeks, do not visit us until their 2 weeks quarantine period is over.
- We audit Hygiene daily: Combined staff effort is just over 30 mins for sanitisation of their areas, each and every hour, plus Trampoline bed and mat sanitising at the end of the day. Each area clean is signed off by the staff member, then the Centre Supervisor, and backed up with CCTV audits to ensure it’s completed effectively.
- We ask that should you have to cough or sneeze, you grab a tissue, OR use the crook of your arm to cough or sneeze into, then grab a handwipes from reception or wash your arm in the amenities provided. (Basic, common sense hygiene protocol)
- We ask that you CHOOSE RESPECT and take on your social responsibility towards hygiene and public health and safety, too.
Please dont get angry at staff : Crazy I know, but people have been grumpy about having to wipe their hands to enter! and about having to wait for the next hour session due to capacity! Sorry – but staff cannot allow exceptions to capacity (so please book on-line), or the use of hand wipes. This is entirely for the benefit of all our guests and staff, not our business. Our business will struggle as a result.
Stay tuned on our Social Media : Our hours may change with no warning, as a result of a change in consumer habits, or as a result of government regulation. We’ll stay up to date, and we’ll update you too, but meanwhile, it is business as usual, with an even more determined focus on hygiene, and a reduced capacity.
Research: Click here for our State Governments latest updates (updated daily) WA Government link for updates on Corona Virus
Our promise to you: As always, we will have a sanitised, hygienic Centre for you to visit, and your best interests at heart.
No one knows how long this will last, I’d rather they shut down the whole country for two weeks instead of casting doubt over so many businesses and jobs for an unknown amount of time, the uncertainty and risk is slow torture for employees and employers! So many businesses folding already due to the impact. We hope to still be here on the other side of this, so thanks for your continued support.